How to Apply
Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year are now closed.
We will open applications for the 2020-2021 academic year on October 14, 2019.
Applicants will be admitted who have submitted completed applications and all supporting documentation, as set forth in the admissions requirements, and who have, in the judgment of Christie’s Education, New York, demonstrated the necessary background and qualifications for the successful completion of the program. Successful candidates will receive an acceptance letter and be required to secure their place in a program by paying a tuition deposit within a pre-determined time. All materials must be sent in hard copy to the following address:
Applications are accepted beginning in the fall for the following academic year. Applications will be accepted until a program is full.
1230 Avenue of the Americas, 20th Floor,
New York, NY 10020
- Completed application form (available on degree program page)
- Non-refundable application fee of $95 to be made online (payment link available on degree program page)
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent international degree
- Official transcripts in sealed envelopes from all post-secondary institutions attended. All transcripts, diplomas or academic records must be official documents issued by the college or university and provided in the original language. Transcripts in other languages must be accompanied by English translations certified by official translation professionals or agencies
- Applicants who attended university outside of the U.S. must submit an equivalency report from World Education Services, WES.org
- Essay statement, 2–3 pages on why you are interested in the program
- Sample of writing, no more than 10 pages, which can be taken from undergraduate work or written specifically for the application
- Official GRE score report (optional)
- Official TOEFL scores report if applicable
- Three letters of academic or professional recommendation from writers who know the applicant’s abilities well. Letters should be sent in hard copy on letterhead with original signatures and be accompanied by the Letter of Recommendation Form
- Personal interview (by invitation only). Invitations will be sent once all application materials have been submitted
Applicants will be admitted, who have submitted completed applications and all supporting documentation, as set forth in the admissions section, and who have, in the judgment of Christie’s Education New York, demonstrated the necessary background and qualifications for the successful completion of the program.
Successful candidates will receive an acceptance letter and be required to secure their place in a program by paying a tuition deposit within a pre-determined time.
The Admissions Committee reviews complete applications only, and invites selected candidates for an interview that is mandatory for admission to an M.A. program. These interviews are by invitation only. Visiting Christie’s Education, New York
We encourage prospective students to learn more about Christie’s Education and welcome participation in open houses, information sessions, university visits or individual meetings. Please contact our Recruitment and Admissions Officer directly to book an individual appointment
AVP, Recruitment & Admissions Officer
Tel: +1 212-355-1501
Prospective students and applicants are welcome to arrange a tour or sit in on a class. To visit Christie’s Education, New York before or during the application process, please schedule an appointment by emailing Hilary.
TOEFL and GRE Exams
Applicants to the Christie’s Education M.A. programs must be proficient in English. Applicants whose native language is not English or who are graduates of non-English speaking colleges and universities must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is optional. Students are encouraged to submit GRE scores if they believe the scores are an accurate representation of their academic ability.
The TOEFL and GRE test takers must have their scores forwarded to Christie’s Education by Education Testing Services (ETS) which administers these exams. They must enter the Christie’s Education code 9394 on the TOEFL and GRE Score Report Request Form.
For information on these exams, contact ETS at +1 609 921 9000 or visit ets.org