Professional development and career services are offered to all of our Master’s students and are designed to complement your chosen course of study. Our Career Services Officers strive to provide students with the necessary skills and exciting opportunities to find a meaningful career following graduation. We encourage a proactive approach, with students building connections and developing their networks while studying with us which eases their transition into employment.
As a Master’s student, you will have access to:
- One to one sessions with Career Services Officers to help you consider the wide range of career pathways available. Our Officers work with students to match their skills with opportunities and connect them with relevant professionals in areas that interest them.
- Professional development sessions where art world professionals are invited to offer insight into their jobs, share industry-specific advice and explain the importance of transferable skills to the students.
- Workshops to help you understand the importance of marketing yourself in the art world and to develop skills in networking, CV & cover letter writing and interview technique.
- An alumni network of over 4,000 graduates worldwide. Many of our alumni speak on our programmes, offer job opportunities and are happy to give their time and advice to students.
- Online resources and internship opportunities are offered on our VLE: Canvas.
The hands-on training learned in the classroom, along with the practical skills gained during the professional development workshops, help our students acquire real-world experiences and skills needed in today’s job market.
Students and graduates are encouraged to apply for internships, career openings and the Graduate Training Programme at Christie’s auction house. The Career Services Team work closely with Christie’s HR to highlight opportunities available within the company worldwide. There are currently over 70 alumni permanently employed in the Christie’s group of companies. Christie’s HR also provide students with the opportunity to attend a mock interview with one of Christie’s recruitment professionals.
Outside of Christie’s, the Career Services Team highlight opportunities across the full breath of the art world: other auction houses, galleries, museums and public sector, non-profits, art fairs, art publications and communications firms, art advisors, and dealers.
Once you graduate, you can continue to avail of career services advice and support and find job opportunities posted on our bespoke Alumni Portal.