Christie's Education Mission
The mission of Christie’s Education is to be an internationally recognised centre of academic excellence for the study of art business and the art market, art history and art world ecologies, curating and connoisseurship, in a knowledge culture that respects original enquiry and learning and that reflects a commitment to principles of equality, diversity and inclusivity.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Ensuring that students critically engage with art history and art market studies
- Teaching students to conduct research that leads to creative research and critical thinking
- Offering the best possible context for learning about works of art, their production, use, consumption and display, by providing hands-on experience, practical skills, and understanding of research methods
- Providing students exclusive exposure to practitioners and specialists in the art industry, including curators, artists, art dealers, conservators, museum curators, art historians, critics, auction house specialists, art lawyers, art finance and non-profit professionals and art fair directors
- Creating assignments for students that replicate real-life experience and prepare them for future employment
- Producing graduates capable of making high level academic, intellectual and professional contributions as leaders in all areas of the art world
- Taking advantage of London's position as a global art and cultural center to deliver the curricula to the highest standard and enabling students to begin to develop their own professional and artistic network
Our vision is that Christie’s Education will be the primary source for the next generation of art world professionals, thereby extending and developing integrity and depth of knowledge in the field of the arts as a whole.