Navigating the Impressionist and Modern Art Market
Masterpieces by Impressionist and modern artists, from Monet to Picasso, not only highlight renowned museums and private collections, but also anchor the global auction calendar. The great range and depth of their oeuvre defines the prominence of the impressionist and modern art sector.
With increasing collecting activities in Asia, Navigating the Impressionist and Modern Art Market offers an exclusive opportunity to discover gems and opportunities in this collecting category. Our three day virtual programme includes an overview of the market, discussion on determinants of value, collector insights and an exclusive warehouse tour and virtual handling session at Christie’s Paris.
From Hong Kong to Paris, join us to discover market insights and collecting opportunities with academics, collectors, and Christie’s specialists.
- Monday, 1 June
A GLOBAL VIEW: ASSESSING MARKET & VALUE
- Tuesday, 2 June
FROM HONG KONG TO PARIS: CONDITION, PROVENANCE AND VALUE
- Wednesday, 3 June
FROM PARIS TO HONG KONG: THE CONNOISSEUR-COLLECTOR
Day 1 | A Global View: Assessing Market & Value
Christie’s specialists sharing their views on the current state of the market, shifts in tastes and trends, collecting differences by location, advisory roles in understanding the market, as well as building and passing on collections.
- Jason Carey Senior Specialist and International Director, Head of Department, Impressionist & Modern Art, Christie's London
- Tudor Davies Senior Specialist Director, Impressionist and Modern Art, Christie's Paris
- Elaine Holt International Director, Impressionist & Modern Art, Christie's Hong Kong
Day 2 | From Hong Kong to Paris: Condition, Provenance and Value
Virtual visit to Christie’s Paris Avenue Matignon galleries, discussing artworks from the Hommage à Arp - Collection Greta Stroeh online auction, and Paris day sales Oeuvres Modernes sur papier and Art Impressionniste et Moderne.
- Valerie Didier Associate Director, Specialist, Head of Sale, Impressionist and Modern Art, Christie's Paris
- Antoine Lebouteiller Director, Head of Department, Impressionist and Modern Art, Christie's Paris
Day 3 | From Paris to Hong Kong: The Connoisseur-Collector
“Developing An Eye for 20th Century Masters”
Discussion with connoisseur-collectors on how Paris set the stage for Impressionist and Modern artists, personal friendships with artists who influenced their collecting journey, and how to develop an eye for collecting.
- Dominique de Villepin Former French Prime Minister, Founder of Villepin
- Arthur de Villepin Founder and Chairman of Villepin
*Schedule and topics are subject to change.